Co. Mayo, Ireland
The ruins of the village of Slievemore, on Achill Island, now consists of remnants of 84 houses. The village was abandoned around 1850. Before that, its residents would live there seasonally with their cattle, for grazing during the summer months. The extent of these ruins, consisting of three groups spread out along a mile-long stretch of road, can only be appreciated from an aerial perspective.
Touch here for the HMD version.
To learn more about this site, click here.